There is currently 1 user online.
The Libyan Islamic Call Society is doing many things to support the Anglican Church "Christ the King, Tripoli." It gave the church a building instead of the one that was taken at the time of the revolution, paid for all the renovations and repairs to that building to make it suitable for the use as a church and is now renting excellent accommodation for the vicar there and has paid its monthly rent for several years.
During my visit to Libya where we have a church there I was so encouraged by what the Libyan Islamic Call Society is doing to support our Anglican Church "Christ the King, Tripoli."
The Islamic Call Society under the leadership of Dr. Mohammed Sherif made the following contribution to our church:
1. The Islamic Call Society gave our church a building instead of the one that was taken at the time of the revolution.
2. The Islamic Call Society paid for all the renovations and repairs to that building to make it suitable for the use as a church.
3. The Islamic Call Society is now renting an excellent accommodation for our vicar there and paying its monthly rent for several years now.
4. The Islamic Call Society gave an identification card to our vicar to be recognized in the community as a religious leader.
5. Every time my predecessor Bishop Ghais or myself visited Libya we are received officially by the Islamic Call and given the best accommodation and provided excellent transportation within Libya.
6. Dr. Sherif promised me to get a bigger building for the church in Tripoli as we now have a growing congregation as well as a new Arabic congregation since November 2000.
I’m sharing all this as I know that there are many people who do not see this good picture of the Libyan Government.
The Right Rev. Dr. Mouneer H. Anis
Bishop in Egypt and North Africa
RNSAW: We asked the bishop why he wrote this text. His response was: "Much news about Muslim-Christian relations is negative. Providing only this type of news gives a distorted picture of reality. I believe Christians should publicly compliment Muslims when they have done something positive."