Skip to main content
Arab West Report
Egyptian press summaries and media research for dialogue
Enter your keywords
View the results at Google
Arab-West Journal (AWJ)
International news Clippings
Username or e-mail
Request new password
There are currently 0 users online.
You are here
Sat, 2008-07-26 06:50 —
2. Dialogue and understanding needs fair and non-partisan reporting; providing examples of the effectiveness of Arab-West Report
3. A review of Hugh Goddard’s ’Muslim Perceptions of Christianity,’ published by Grey Seal Books, London, Year 1996
4. Are judicial rulings more sacred than the Qur’ān?
5. An issue of takfir at the Islamic Philosophy Conference; thinker Hasan Hanafi is accused of infidelity after he denies the existence of divine miracles
6. The woman, the man, and the paper
7. The case of Hilmi Salim 
8. Orthodox and Evangelicals reject the strike of May 4 and the Catholics left it to people’s conscience
9. Thanks to His Holiness the Vatican pope
10. Here we are Muslims
11. A British woman kidnaps her daughter and leaves her Egyptian husband
12. American book calls for abandoning Islam
13. “European policies filled its prisons with Muslims,” Washington Post reports
14. Hulsman in Egypt: "Like Egyptians, the Dutch like the big family"
15. A hijab that uncovers the body
16. Fame-seeking fatwás
17. Ministry of Islamic Endowments launches the unified call to prayer
18. Controversy over a fatwá by al-Qaradawi authorizing beverages of low percentage of alcohol
19. According to al-Qaradawi, prayers during work should not exceed 10 minutes
20. ‘Umar Bakri: Half of my students are in prison and the other half are being chased
21. The Ministry of Interior accuses two professors of attempting to manufacture for Hamas an unmanned aerial vehicle
22. The Muslim Brotherhood joins the May 4 strike
23. A youth group on Facebook attacks ‘Amr Khalid describing him as a fake man who aims to make money
24. Egypt: Extending the detention of 18 accused in Sharm al-Shaykh bombings
25. The mayor of London to al-Sharq al-Awsat: “I do not believe in integrating compulsory Muslims …British Muslims should learn from Jews”
26. ’Mustaqbal al-Islam fi al-Gharb wa-al-Sharq’ [The Future of Islam in the West and the East,] and the possibilities of secularism and religiousness
27. When the Christian minority protects the majority
28. Islam encourages sharing the celebrations of people of the scriptures
29. Egyptian churches call for an urgent unified law for the houses of worship
30. Interfaith dialogue is an alternative to the clash of civilizations
31. Web sites offend Islam and spoil minds
32. Space for chats. The Internet turned into field for political debate between the government and the opposition
33. Minister of media, stay away from al-Tanwir Channel!
34. How to face those who fear Islamization
35. Al-Qa‘idah responds to offensive ’Fitná movie by a documentary about the American wars’ victims
36. A rabbi attempts to ignite sedition in Egypt
37. Nurses wearing the niqab object to the unified uniform decision which has decided on a dark blue uniform
38. Fatwá preventing the inheritance of children of Christian converts to Islam before the Constitutional Court
39. “The Child Law is haram and raising the adultery cases,” Azhar scholars say.
40. A Copt accuses the Clerical Council of forging a statement by his wife claiming him mentally ill so that she can marry another while Pope Shenouda ignores his complaint
41. Christian Egyptians and establishing a home
42. Poor Christian community
43. When hate reigns
44. Happy Easter !
45. The Coptic Orthodox Church: Read in the message [2-3]
46. Churches congratulate Mubarak on his birthday: “You have given people a special raise...and the people show you love.”
47. ‘‘Azazil, the most perilous novel on the ideological Christian conflicts: Did Copts really tyrannize and demolish the temples of the Egyptian pagans?
48. The first priest to teach Arabic at the Faculty of Humanities. Rif‘at Fathi: there is no law that keeps Copts from studying the Arabic language
49. Four bishops initiate conflict over the pope’s position
50. Short stories
51. 21 Coptic lawyers sue Bishop Maximus accusing him of deception
52. Master of attention
53. Ihsanoglu : We and the Catholic Church must accept a historic reconciliation between Islam and Christianity
54. Religious dialogue, why?
55. Scene III of the absurd
56. Religious tourism and the development of the Sinai
‹ 86. Archaeological crime in Alexandria: attempts of demolishing St. Clare Convent continues
1. Editorial ›
If you experience a bug or would like to see an addition on the current page, feel free to leave us a message.
verify using audio
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.
Web Toolbar by Wibiya