Skip to main content
Arab West Report
Egyptian press summaries and media research for dialogue
Enter your keywords
View the results at Google
Arab-West Journal (AWJ)
International news Clippings
Username or e-mail
Request new password
There are currently 0 users online.
You are here
Sat, 2008-07-26 06:50 —
2. A European campaign against Algeria
3. Eastern Christians and Muslims are targeted
4. Attacks against the Coptic Orthodox Monastery of Abu Fana 
5. Throwing law and justice to the wind
6. Evangelism, the Vatican’s bomb
7. The Vatican: The world has a maniacal interest with Islam
8. Who insults Islam?
9. Preachers in Alexandria condemn the Egyptian–Israeli gas treaty
10. The concept of jihad in the Qur’an does not mean violence and terrorizing non-Muslims
11. Could the modern Islamic state force non-Muslims to pay jizyah?
12. Promoting sectarianism
13. Issuing fatwás and explaining the Qur’an and hadiths
14. Rigidity leads to extremism
15. The fatwá that was banned in the Gulf countries
16. Watani talks to Islamic thinker Jamal al-Banna: Copts under an Islamic majority
17. Turkey’s Dangerous Identity Crisis
18. The Azhar cannot confiscate books
19. Why do Muslim scholars disagree on Monasticism and Sufism?
20. Expatriate Copts answer al-Jama‘ah al-Islamiyah
21. Altercation between Al-Jama‘ah al-Islamiyah and the church over sedition statement
22. ‘Akif rejects the results of the Guidance Bureau elections
23. Earth is better than Paradise
24. Southern Sudan is the center of Evangelists
25. Security official: The Ministry of Interior will never resolve the ambiguity of the al-Zaytun incident because of the lack of modern technology and its reliance on random arrests
26. Egypt could still embrace all religions
27. Jordan discovers the world’s oldest church
28. Sectarian strife is no good!
29. Who wants the church to be an independent state?
30. Who fires on Egypt’s monasteries and monks?
31. Egyptian monastery under custodianship of Supreme Council of Antiquities
32. The Azhar, Catholics and Evangelicals Participate In Laymen’s Conference
33. Inter-Faith dialogue or inter-faith clash
34. Religious arguments start on the Egyptian street
35. Iraqi and Arab Jews before and after immigration
36. A failing attempt to promote the Jehovah Witnesses movement in Sharm al-Sheikh
37. Questions about Secularism
38. Specifying mosques for women is a bid‘ah
39. Change and immobility
40. Famous actress’ ex-husband files a lawsuit against the 1938 law
41. Christian denominations demand approbation of unified regulation
42. The Orthodox Church issues ID cards for its bishops and archbishops to distinguish them
43. A Christian version of the takfir wa hijrah movement in Australia
44. Get well soon, dear Pope
45. George Bibawi’s excommunication null and void
46. Saint George church priest released
47. The pope’s health
48. Will the Middle East be free of Christianity?
49. Bishop Bishuy castigates non-orthodox denominations
50. Power and sex in the church!
51. "I am not an enemy of the Jews and I do not hate them," Husni says
52. State Security seize Fu’ad Nijm and George Ishaq at Mirit Publishing House
53. Security forces prevent national unity sit-in
54. The hatred of Sa‘d al-Din and the insanities of Ayman Nur
55. Where are the political parties?
56. Treading where no Copt dared
57. The mother of the insane man who attacked churches in Alexandria demands that shaykh Wahid ‘Abd al-Salam be allowed to visit her son in hospital to heal him
58. Exhortation of the Coptic youth
59. The pope and the president
60. State integrity and human rights
61. New Personal Status Regulation sparks controversy among 120,000 Copts
62. Remarks on amending the 1938 Laws 
‹ 48. The Azhar scholar attacks the Fatwá as opposed to the Qur’an.
1. Editorial ›
If you experience a bug or would like to see an addition on the current page, feel free to leave us a message.
verify using audio
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.
Web Toolbar by Wibiya