There are currently 0 users online.
The only way to resolve problems with Islamists is through dialogue, by opening channels of communication and engaging in a frank interchange of views. Debating the issues is the only way to transform a religious party, in the long term, into a civil political party that subscribes to the main tenets of demcracy: acceptance of the “other”, rotation of power, and respect for other religions and for women. Dialogue with Islamists should be based on seeking answers to several questions. However, one must know that the Brothers are likely to use taqqiyya, a principle which allows Muslims to lie if so doing assists them in ultimately defeatfing the infidels.
The following questions should be asked to the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamists:
1. Some of the Muslim Brothers now expound the idea that Copts are “fully first class Egyptian Citizens”. Would this imply that a Copt could be elected president of Egypt ?
2. Would the Muslim Brothers follow the Saudi model of segregating girls from boys in educational institutions such as schools as well as other organisations ?
3. Non-history-related tourism (beach tourism) generates in excess of 75% of Egypt's tourism revenues. What are the Brotherhood's views on the sale of alcoholic beverages, gambling and casinos, and women dressing in any way they choose ?
4. What is the Brotherhood's opinion concerning the peace treaties between Egypt and Israel and between Jordan and Israel ?
5. What do the Islamists think of the different forms of economic cooperation between Egypt and Israel ?
6. How do the Brothers think about the killing of Israeli civilians by Hamas in Islamic Jihad suicide operations ?
7. Does the Muslim Brotherhood believe that Sayyid Qutb's doctrine known as al-Hak'imiyya – that government must be based exclusively on Allah's law and which rejects democracy and human law as apostasy – is still the basis of their political system ?
8. What is the Broterhood's view on women holding high government offices ?
9. What are the group's views on the vision of a “two state” solution for Israel and Palestine ? Would they recognise and accept the right of Israel to exist ?
10. What are the Brotherhood's plans with Egypt's legal system, adopted in 1883 and based on the juridical notions of the European legal system ?
11. Will the Muslim Brotherhood keep the Egyptian banking system, based on the notion of interests for lending and savings ?
12. Is Iran a factor of stability (or instability) in today's world ?