The assembly should be formed of 100 members, elected by the People’s Assembly and the Shurá Council through direct secret ballot so that the assembly would be composed of:
- A number of 21 seats allocated to representatives of legislative branch, two-thirds nominated by the People’s Assembly and one third by the Shurá Council.
- Three seats for representatives of the executive branch and three for the judicial.
- A number of 18 expertise (12 professors and jurists of the constitutional law and law experts, six professors and experts of political, human and applied science).
- Two representatives of religious inceptions, a candidate from each of the Azhar and the Egyptian church.
- A number of 15 for public figures, such as: authors, writers, artists, scientists, thinkers and intellectuals.
- Eight seats for syndicates’ representatives.
- Five seats for workers unions’ representatives.
- Five seats for farmers unions’ representatives.
- Five seats for each of chambers of commerce (two), Federation of Egyptian Industries (two) and one seat for the Egyptian Tourism Federation.
- Eight seats for representatives of NGOs.
- Five seats for representatives of college students.
- Two seats: one seat for NCHR and one seat for NCW.
Read original text in Arabic