Displaying 1 - 10 of 17.
The Minister of Antiquities, Dr. Khālid al-ʿAnānī, and 40 foreign ambassadors visited the area of ʾAtrīps during their tour of the Sūhāj governorate.
Media anchor Aḥmad Mūsā said that the Crescent and the Cross, standing side by side in the St. Catherine Monastery is unparalleled in the world. 
Tomorrow, Egypt’s Ministry of Antiquities plans to inaugurate the ancient sarcophagus, which was excavated earlier this month in the Sidi Jābir district, Alexandria, so as to reveal what it contains. Since the discovery of that archeological sarcophagus in Alexandria, it is assumed that the new...
The mosque of Abu al-Ḥaggag [Abū al-Ḥajjāj] dominates the first court at Luxor Temple and aptly demonstrates the continuing adaptation of ancient monuments to modern use. Luxor remained very much intact during the Roman period, when the monument was incorporated within the Roman camp and devoted to...
Judge Muṣṭafā Alham, Governor of Luxor, met with the delegation of the Italian Catholic Church, headed by the Italian archbishop Luigi Vari, accompanied by Bishop ʿAmānūʾīl ʿAyyād, Luxor Archbishop of Coptic Catholics and the coordinator of the visit.
Dr. Khālid al-ʿAnānī, minister of Antiquities, received the Archbishop of Gaeta, with the company of a delegation of professors from the Catholic University of Rome, and Hānī ʿAzīz, Secretary General of Egypt's Peace Lovers Association.
Siwa oasis is well known and beautiful. Two of our interns went for a trip there and experienced their interesting way of life, and explored the exciting touristic sites.
A campaign has been launched to restore the beauty and splendor of Heliopolis, which was first established by Belgian Baron Empain in 1905 to be a first-class aristocratic district in northeast of Cairo, Egypt, and its famous square of Kūrba, where the presidential headquarters is located. 
The supervisor of   Coptic Monument Documentation, Ahmed Abdelhamid El-Nimr [Aḥmad ʿAbd al- Ḥamīd al-Nimr] , revealed the details of the temporary exhibition hosted by the Coptic Museum in  Old Cairo, entitled  "Egypt's Martyrs".  The opening ceremony was headed by Dr.  Khāalid al-ʿAnānī [Khaled...
The medieval Darb al-Ahmar, or Red Road, gives its name to the neighborhood. Throughout history its squares witnessed assassinations and power struggles, of which the latest was in 1805, when Muhammad `Ali tricked the Mamlūks into staging a coup before slaughtering them; the street ran red with...

Pages

Subscribe to