Displaying 51 - 60 of 324.
The article sheds light on the history of Sts. Peter and Paul’s Church [al-Butruṣiyyah or Petrine Church] in Cairo’s al-ʿAbbāsīyya, which was built by the family of Butrus Pasha Ghālī, Egypt’s prime minister from 1908 to 1910, over his tomb to commemorate his memory.
Dr. ʿAbd al-Hādī al-Qasabī, head of the Supreme Council for Sūfī Orders in Egypt and chairman of the Solidarity Committee in the House of Representatives, said that Egypt has got more than 210 religious tourist attractions, including 115 Islamic and 91 Coptic shrines and sanctuaries. 
The Undersecretary of the Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Turin and Rome, Fr. Theophilus al-Siryānī, participated in the celebration of the blessing of the icon of the Holy Family Journey to Egypt by Pope Francis held in the Vatican in coordination with the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism.
The Egyptian governorate of Aṣyūṭ [Assuit] is preparing in full swing to host international visitors to the path of the Holy Family Journey in Egypt after Pope Francis embraced the journey as an official Christian pilgrimage.
Egyptian Minister of Environment Dr. Khālid Fahmī received Archbishop Dimitri Damianos of St. Catherine’s Monastery at the Educational Cultural Center (Cairo House) to discuss the plan for the development of St. Catherine’s Reserve.
‘The Egyptian Jerusalem’ is the name Ethiopian Christians give to the St. Mary’s Monastery, at Mount Qusqām in Assiut [Asyūt], Upper Egypt. The monastery is also known as Deir al-Muḥarraq [burned, in Arabic] due to the fact that the monastery had been burned several times over its several centuries...
Archaeologists have called Fayūm "Little Egypt" as it resembles ancient Egypt in its terrain.
UNESCO World Heritage List includes seven Egyptian sites, divided into six heritage: The Monastery of Abū Mīnā, Historical [Islamic] Cairo, The Memphite Necropolis, Ancient Thebes, The Monuments of Nubia, and St. Catherine.  
Al-Yawm al-Sābi’monitored one of Port Sa’īd’s historical churches, which was founded on March 27, 1863, and inaugurated in 1890: the St. Eugenie Church. The church has been now included to the heritage list for Islamic and Coptic monuments. The Egyptian Franciscan friar, Father Farīd Kamā Jibra`īl...
On the 9th of March, The Center for Coptic Studies at the Library of Alexandria will organize the “Annual Day of Coptic Heritage” at the al-Sinārī House in the al-Sayyida Zaynab neighborhood in Cairo, which is affiliated with the Library of Alexandria. The celebration will include an artistic...

Pages

Subscribe to